Needs and Options Review
It is not uncommon for people to know they want to do a building project, and have thought about it quite a bit – but just don’t know how best to start. Or worse, launch into an expensive design service without establishing a relationship or worse still, not carefully established the groundwork for the project.
- Obtain a certified designer’s and builder’s opinion on the feasibility of the project – one who is experienced in the type of project you’re facing
- Produce an outline brief that provides the “DNA” for future work – detailing rooms, connections, orientation etc…
- Discuss potential solutions at a high level that encourages ongoing testing of ideas – “Design Thinking”
- Discuss the ‘look and feel’ of a potential scheme
- Discuss the functional viability of the project and your ideas
- Prepare sketches of possible layout options
- Provide preliminary rough order of cost estimate of construction for budget usage
- Provide a preliminary program or timeline
- Production of report including the above
- All travel prices included in price for Atlanta metro area (other areas beyond this area are priced at ‘cost’)
- Report includes schedule of services and fee proposal on next stages of project
- Optional: Provide preliminary planning review (by Planner)
Phase I: Initial Scoping Discussion – An outline brief for your project ($750.00)*.
- Meet onsite & discuss the project Review current function & design
- Clarify issues; discuss options and current thinking
- Clarify project aims & vision; themes & drivers
- You provide: existing site & background information (plans, HOA or Municipality design requirements, etc.)
Phase II: Options Sketches – Options development and analysis ($750.00)*.
- Explore potential spatial relationships, connections & future proofing options
- Prepare freehand concept options
- Provide preliminary straight-line program Prepare and present report
*Total $1,500 up to 3000 s.f. ($.50/s.f above 3000 s.f.)
Download the complete Needs and Options Review for further detail and client discussion/agreement form.